1/14/13

My foxy friends...

I've been sick. Like, entire head/face/neck throbbing sick. So I didn't feel much like writing, but now I'm better (almost.. better enough to write again).

So the camp I worked at (and will probably be working at again this summer... I kinda randomly just decided that today) has an arctic fox. I love her. We were great friends. Until I kept having to scruff her and hold her down for her shots. And then I had to catch her to take her in to get her spayed. And then I had to scruff her again when it was time to take her stitches out (she actually bit me that time.. it even broke skin a little). So now she isn't as fond of me (the price you have to pay when you want to be a vet..), but we still get along pretty well.

Isn't she beautiful? And she's even softer than she looks.
They were thinking about breeding her, but she has this issue with her hip and has to take pain meds every day, so they decided against it (probably a good thing). She would have made adorable babies, though.

Anyway, she likes people well enough, but she loves playing with dogs. So the camp owners got her a puppy to play with, and they are best friends. The only issue is that he craves human attention and completely ignores the fox when anyone goes out there. Then she is desperately trying to get him to play with her again, and it's kinda sad. That's really the only time she actually seems like a fox (she looks like an American Eskimo Dog so much sometimes.. and acts like one).

Aww. They're like Yin and Yang. (Ignore my feet.)
And just recently, the camp got another fox! I was so excited when I found out. This little guy is a pale fox, which is the least studied canine species.. so that's pretty interesting. I honestly don't know much about him (just met him long enough to snap a picture), but I'm hoping we will get to know each other soon.

He's so cute! And tiny! I just want to scoop him up and hug him.

No comments:

Post a Comment