12/22/12

Jin, the disappearing cat.

Four or five years ago, I was given a litter of six kittens to raise. They were probably about 2 weeks old when I got them, so I had to bottle feed them (and let me tell you, that's hard enough to do with just one). I was on a bit of a "Lost" binge, so I named them after the show's characters (Sawyer, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun, and Jin). As they got older, they all ventured off on their own (either to new homes or off into the woods somewhere... I wasn't allowed to make them inside cats, and I try not to think about it, but they probably ended up being coyote food). Except for Jin. 

Such a handsome fellow.
The odd thing about Jin is that when I moved out to go to school, Jin disappeared. We all thought he was dead. But every time I came home for the weekend or for breaks, Jin would just reappear out of nowhere. Then I left, and of course, Jin left, too.

Last time I was home (Thanksgiving break), Jin didn't show up, and I was sure he gone for good. I was pretty bummed, but I tried not to dwell on it. I knew it was just a matter of time.

But I'm winter break now, and guess who showed up last night? I was shocked. The poor guy looks a little ruffled up, but I fully intend to give him the love and attention he deserves for being such a loyal, little creature.

I've debated numerous times about whether or not I should take him to school with me, but I'm afraid he would be unhappy being stuck in a tiny apartment when he is so used to being so free. And Otto is also a problem. They have this creepy love affair going on, and Otto literally humps him raw. And Jin encourages it. It's sad.

And he's a toe nibbler, but I can live with that.

So. If anyone knows someone that might like to take this wonderful guy into their home, let me know. Otherwise, I think that as soon as I'm living in an apartment with more than one room (which is quite cramped with 2 people, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 hedgehog already), I think it will finally be time to force Jin to live with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment